I hand-cut each heart out of 24 gauge copper sheet metal. I then smoothed the edges and added several layers (5-8) of colored enamels. This heart set is mottled aqua green, pink, and deep purple.
Enamels are fine glass powder that I coat on each heart – both sides – and then melt the glass in my propane-oxygen torch. This fuses the glass to the metal.
Materials and Details
- Copper metal, enamel (glass)
- Copper ring soldered closed
- 15 – 22 mm (0.62 – 0.87″) in length + 8mm soldered ring
- Enameled on both sides, same color
- Side B visible in the ruler photo